March 5, 2013
Physical Health Solutions is comprised of programs to address chiropractic, physical & occupational therapy and complementary alternative medicine.
Chiropractic Clinical Support Programs
These programs are care management programs that assist providers in the delivery of evidence-informed health care to help ensure that patients receive consistency in the quality, cost and outcome of their care experience.
Core components of the programs:
- Collaboration with cross-functional industry experts in the development of program policies and guidelines
- Same specialty peer review of treatment requests with outreach on an individualized patient basis, as well as aggregate provider data sharing
- Peer-to-peer educational efforts to assist in the adoption of evidence-informed treatment approaches to increase the consistency of patient care and reduce unexplained variance
- A comprehensive provider website with resources that improve provider engagement and functionality that allows providers to complete administrative functions more efficiently
- National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) certification
Physical Health Networks
UnitedHealthcare has over 20 years of experience managing physical health networks that provide access to conservative treatment options for musculoskeletal conditions. We have the largest national physical health networks of credentialed providers and offer a 30-35 percent network discount through market-competitive provider reimbursement rates. Approximately 800 new providers join the UnitedHealthcare Physical Health networks each month, which demonstrates the appeal our networks have to providers.
Complementary and Alternative MedicineComplementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM) services are popular, in demand and an important part of an organization’s benefit package. UnitedHealthcare has been offering a robust CAM network for two decades. Complementary and alternative medicine seeks to relieve symptoms or treat illnesses through non-invasive and non-pharmaceutical techniques. These treatments and therapies, like naturopathy, focus on stimulating the body’s ability to heal itself through nutrition, exercise and lifestyle counseling.