In This Issue
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
Local and Other News
Optum Behavioral Health Expands Network for Telemental Health Video-based Health Care Service
February 7, 2017
To improve access to care, Optum Behavioral Health has expanded its telemental health network to over 3,000 behavioral providers including AmWell and Doctor on Demand psychologists and psychiatrists effective Jan. 1. Expanding the telemental health network provides network solutions for those in underserved areas and improves overall wait-time for appointments with behavioral providers.
Today, UnitedHealthcare members have the option of seeing a behavioral health provider via video-enabled capabilities:
- Members may search for providers via the Optum Behavioral liveandworkwell.com online provider directory.
Note telemental behavioral benefit is separate from UnitedHealthcare’s virtual visits (medical) model:
- Telemental health visits are covered today and are considered the same as a behavioral office visit.
- Members will have the same out-of-pocket cost whether they see the psychologist/psychiatrist in-office or via video-enabled capabilities.
Expanding telemental health network to include 3,000+ providers, covering all 50 states will:
- Improve access to care.
- Deliver care via online video-enabled capabilities through a collaboration with behavioral providers who are licensed in multiple states.
- Include AmWell and Doctor on Demand providers in the telemental health network.
For additional information, please contact your UnitedHealthcare representative.